Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna (PMGKY)
What is Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna(PMGKY)
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, 2016 (PMGCY) is a scheme launched in April 2015 but again relaunched in December 2016 under the Income Declaration Scheme's auspices 2016 (IDS), which was established earlier in the year and was headed by Narendra Modi.
The scheme, part of the Taxation Laws Act, 2016, provides an opportunity to declare unrecounted wealth confidentially and black money and prevent prosecution after a fine of 50% is imposed on the undisclosed income.
A further 25% of the undisclosed income will be invested in the scheme, reimbursed without interest after four years.
- This program was launched in India as a poverty alleviation program, namely PM Garib Kalyan Yojana. There will be a workshop for the ordinary people in this scheme.
- The scheme will focus on a single plan that will improve the economy's weaker sector. Also, the strategies that are still not implemented will be discussed for further improvement as well.
- The PMGKY is to include parliamentarians in the workshop to closely monitor the issues surrounding the implementation of the systems launched by each department.
- This scheme can also help parliamentarians and other ministers to improve the living standards of the poor and weaker communities.
- The workshops are paid for. Those who want to access the workshop will have to pay a small amount of money, and then the sessions can continue.
- Nobody is allowed to join or participate in the workshop. The program will mainly include MPs and other departmental representatives.
- It was practiced that a specific part of new money would be used in this scheme after the demonization of Rs 500 and 1000 notes.
Who can avail Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna
· The various parts of the scheme have covered diverse people.
· The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan yojana offers its benefits to families with a Ration card, MNREGA workers, and Jan Dhan Bank women.
· There are no requirements for special eligibility. You are a beneficiary of this system if you have a Ration card.
When did pm launch Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan?
The campaign called 'Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan' was launched on June 20, 2020, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to enable and provide livelihood opportunities in areas/villages where many are returning migrants workers have been affected by the devastating COVID 19.
A video-conference with CMs and representatives of the six countries, different ministers of Union, and others were held on June 20, from Telihar, Block Beldaur, Khagaria district, Bihar.
The launch campaign's main aim is to provide financial assistance to migrant workers who have been stranded and returned to their homeland in other regions. It shall also offer job opportunities for labor under 25 different types of work.
Impact of COVID-19 for PMGKY Scheme
Finance Minister announces the aid package of Rs. 1.70 lakh crore for poor people to combat Corona Virus under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana on March 26, 2020
The aid involved:
- Rs 50 Lakh insurance cover per health care employee combating COVID-19 under the scheme of insurance.
- Every month for the next 3 months, 80 crore poor people will have 5 kg of rice or wheat and 1 kg of desired pulse for free.
- Twenty women of the crore Jan Dhan account holders will receive Rs 500 a month for three months to come.
- RS 202, from Rs 182 to 13,62 crore families, increases the MNREGA wage per day.
- A grace ranged from 1,000 to 3 crore poor elderly, poor widows, or poor people with disabilities.
- Administration to the front In the first week of April, Rs. 2000 was paid for 8.7 crore farmers under the existing PM Kisan Yojana.
- The Central Government has ordered state governments to use the Fund to provide relief for building workers.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna
You have to read the following guidelines to comply with the criteria to qualify and are willing to receive a subsidy under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
The Prime Minister Ration Subsidy Scheme has no registration process for using benefits. Suppose you are interested in getting Rs. 2 per kg of wheat and rice at Rs. 3/kg under this scheme, you can go directly to the nearby dealer shop and use it utilizing the ration card.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Can I apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna now?
A) Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is the national Financial Inclusion mission for providing access in affordable ways to financial services such as banking/savings and deposit accounts, credits, insurance, and pensions. Any bank branch or Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet can be used to open the account. The Zero Balance of PMJDY accounts is opened.
In Short, You can apply for PMJDY anytime and at any bank also.
Q) How do I sign up for PMGKY
A) There is a set of instructions you can go through to avail the Yojna.
Q) What is PMGKY reimbursement
A) The Employees' Provident Fund Organization(EPFO) changed the Scheme Guidelines in the Unified Portal under the Guidelines of India's government to enable eligible employers to apply the PMGKY Scheme in advance. The new modifications will not include the ECR submission process or the format. Before filing the ECR to avail of PMGKY benefits, eligible employers must submit declarations.
Q) How to apply for PMGKY Reimbursement
- Visit the EPFO Unified portal.
- Login to the EPFO Unified Employ Portal by using your User id and password.
- Click on the option to register PMGKY.
- You have two things to look at here. First, if you have already confirmed the Form 5A of your establishments, it will be available at the site, and you can verify the details of your bank account, etc.
- Click the Agreement and submit the button after confirming the details of your establishment. For example, you do not have Form 5A or do not have any bank details or other essential details, etc., in your establishment, for instance.
- Click on 'PMGKY Reimbursement Registration' and return to the Home Page.
- You will be forwarded to the online window 'PMGKY Reimbursement Registry.'
- Where Form5A is displayed with banking details for your establishments.
- Click here on the button of the building column.
- After that, click the 'Registration for PMGKY' button Agree and Submit.
After completing the 'PMGKY refund registration,' the message will show that the refund application has been presented successfully.